True Source Certified
- How you can become a member of True Source Honey?
- What companies are members of True Source Honey?
- True Source Certified:
- Establish and maintain the standards for certification.
- Third Party Audit Firm:
- Conduct audits to evaluate compliance to the standards.
- Assign the True Source Certified Identification Number to each load.
- Produce and sell authentic honey directly from their own operation.
- Purchase honey only from within their country of operation for resale/export.
- Maintain a system of traceability and use a True Source Certified Identification Number for every shipment of honey.
- Follow True Source Certified standards when purchasing certified loads of honey.
- Provide the required documentation to packers related to the export and import of each load.
- Maintain a system of traceability and authenticity testing. Purchase only True Source Certified honey from certified participants in the supply chain.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers:
- Become certified to use the "Made with True Source Honey" claim as a distinctive point of difference in reaching discerning consumers. Read more.
True Source Honey, LLC has developed the True Source Certified® voluntary system of traceability and authenticity testing for those participants who wish to demonstrate through an independent third party that their sourcing practices are in full compliance with U.S. and international trade laws. The basic responsibilities of each participant are as follows:
It is through the application of these standards and the involvement of an independent third party that trading partners can have the assurance of honey traceability and authenticity testing.
For additional information and resources please see the following documents:
- True Source Certified Standards - V6.1 - Effective January 1, 2021
- Provisional Standards relative to Coronavirus
Specific information for Honey Industry participants can be found at www.tshmember.com.